Going through a break up is hard.
But trying to deal with your ex after the break up can be even more difficult.
Things might not have ended well and you may be on bad terms with your ex.
This can lead to him saying nasty things behind your back or insulting you to your face. You want to make sure you have smart comebacks at the ready so you can stand up for yourself and not be afraid of bumping into him at a party.
Breaking up with someone can also leave you feeling very bitter.
You might be super angry that he led you on and made you think you were going to live happily ever after or that his feelings changed and he didn’t see a future together.
When something like this happens often you need to let all your emotions out so that you can move on. Even though its immature, saying mean and petty things about your ex boyfriend can sometimes help with this.
A break up can often leave you extremely hurt, almost in pain.
You spent so much of your time and energy on this person only for things to not work out or for him to do something unforgivable that broke your heart into a million pieces. You want him to know how much you hurt him but more than that, you want him to feel the hurt you’re feeling.
Other times you want to move on but your ex won’t stop contacting you, whether it be by text or social media.
If he’s not getting the picture you might need to stop being nice and say some things to shut down the conversation and make him realize you’re not gong to get back together.
No matter what’s happened, here are all the mean, hurtful and insulting things you want to say to your ex.
Sometimes saying mean things to an ex is a way of coping with a breakup.
While its understandable that you want to get him back you should never go out of your way to say something hurtful to anyone.
It’s slightly different if your ex boyfriend is insulting you or won’t leave you alone, then these smart comebacks are great to have, but otherwise just saying these mean things about your ex to yourself should be enough to make you feel better.
Smart comebacks for your ex
If your relationship ended badly and your ex is sending you text messages, or you’re likely to bump into him in person, it’s a good idea to have a few sassy comebacks up your sleeve.
Here are some smart comebacks you can use that are guaranteed to leave your ex speechless.
1. I’m sorry what language are you speaking? It sounds like bullsh*t.
2. I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.
3. You might still want me but you’ll have to get in line.
4. I love the sound you make when you shut up.
5. Oh sorry, was I supposed to be offended?
6. I’ve been called worse… your girlfriend.
7. Literally all I hear is “blah, blah, blah”.
8. You must have mistaken me for someone who gives a sh*t.
9. Your loss babe.
Hurtful things to say to an ex
If you were in a serious relationship that you hoped would last long term, you might want to say something to your ex boyfriend that you know will hurt him as much as you’re hurting.
Especially if your ex cheated on you.
You want to say something that you know will really affect him deeply so he understands what you’re going through.
The best way to do this is to say something about your relationship that you now really believe to be true. Its better to say something serious and mature rather than something petty if you want to hurt him.
Here are some examples of hurtful things you could say to your ex.
10. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from meeting you.
11. I didn’t love you. I just said it because I didn’t have anything else to say.
12. I wish we broke up sooner.
13. Thank you for showing me everything I don’t want in a man.
14. You’re the biggest disappointment of my life.
15. I hope I never have to see you again.
16. I don’t have time to hate you but you deserve to be hated.
17. I’m glad I didn’t cry over you.
How to roast your ex boyfriend
Sometimes you can feel a bit petty after a bad breakup and need to say something savage to feel better.
It might be that your ex was a complete (insert rude word here), or that you’re annoyed for not noticing the obvious and allowing yourself to be messed around.
Either way, saying something to roast your ex boyfriend will usually help you to let off some steam and make you feel better.
Here are 7 things you can say to roast your ex.
18. I’m trying to see things from your point of view but I can’t get my head that far up my ass.
19. Too bad you can’t buy a personality.
20. When I look at you now I wonder was I drunk the entire relationship.
21. I’m no cactus expert but I know a prick when I see one.
22. At least God loves you.
23. Its scary to think people like you are allowed to vote.
24. Its okay if you don’t like me. Not everyone has good taste.
Mean things to say to your ex
You shouldn’t go out of your way to say something mean to your ex.
However, if your ex is harassing you over text, social media or in person and won’t leave you alone you might need to say something so that he gets the picture.
Here are some mean things to say to your ex.
25. I’d rather be single for the rest of my life than be with you.
26. Whoever told you to be yourself gave you really bad advice.
27. I feel so sorry for your parents.
28. I should never have lowered my standards for you.
29 What I like best about our relationship is that it doesn’t exist anymore.
30. Hahahaha sorry, just thinking about how I used to date you.
31. The only thing that comes out of your mouth is stupidity.
How to insult your ex boyfriend
Sometimes your ex can take it too far after a breakup by spreading lies and starting rumours about you.
He might be talking bad about you behind your back or he might be insulting you straight your face.
The mature thing to do would be to ignore him, but we all know how difficult that can be.
If you just need to fire something straight back at him here are examples of some insulting things you can say to your ex boyfriend.
32. I’m sorry for the next girl who has to date you.
33. I should have listened to everyone who told me you were an asshole.
34. You were my worst decision.
35. My life took an awesome turn when you left with your sh*t.
36. All I get are bad vibes from you.
37. Good luck finding someone who will put up with your bullsh*t as well as I did.
38. You’re exactly what I don’t want from a boyfriend.
39. You’re not even worth the calories I burn talking to you.
40. I used to be stupid but then I dumped you.
Things to say to end your conversation with your ex
Most of the time it’s better to not engage in conversation with your ex boyfriend, especially if the conversation turns nasty.
However, it always feel good having the last word.
Here are 10 things you can say to put an end to your conversation with your ex and have the last word.
41. There’s no need to repeat yourself. I ignored you just fine the first time.
42. I’m not listening so why don’t you just stop talking.
44. I don’t actually have to go but I’m going to pretend I do.
46. I’ve moved on but clearly you haven’t.
47. I can hear you, I’m just choosing to ignore you.
48. I would continue this conversation but I don’t want to waste any more of my life.
49. You should talk to a therapist.
50. I’m blocking this number, see you never.
I hope you enjoyed the post.
Remember, it doesn’t always feel good in the moment to be the bigger person but it will feel better later down the road when your ex is out of your life and you’re completely over him.
Say these insults, comebacks, hurtful, mean things in your head or scream them when you’re alone but think before saying them to your ex, you don’t want to regret it later!
If you liked this post, you’ll also love: